Becca Podos @RebeccaPodosThis seems as good a time as any to ask for your Adult or YA f/f romances with a Princess Bubblegum/ Marceline-esque dynamic #MSWL pic.twitter.com/tRy9xDtYan
Gosh, yes, please. Honestly, I, please consider me for a Bubbleline f/f #mswl
In YA - all categories and genres #MSWL I am partial to:
- Unique take on dystopian & all YA SFF
- Thriller/Mys: dark and broody
- Historical from any time other than WW2
- Contemp? Something funny! Bring me your YA snark and sarcasm.
Zabé/Z.R. Ellor @ZREllorMy two cents on YA sci-fi—it works best when the science fiction elements line up with actual teen struggles. Uglies and Divergent are two great examples. Body image? Cliques and belonging? These books use science fiction to speak directly to the unique needs of teens
I’m all for YA sci-fi, but totally agree 👇👇👇, so if you can show me how your YA SF aligns to teen struggles, then #MSWL, y’all.
(2) Gilded Age/1865-1965 histfic a la AMERICAN DUCHESS, THAT CHURCHILL WOMAN, & Downton Abbey, with “dollar princesses” & other marriages ft. wealthy, influential American women in European nobility/royal/peerage society. (MC can be the heiress or close confidant.) A or YA.
I’ve been in such a Mood for two very different kinds of books:
(1) Southern fiction a la Kristy Woodson Harvey, with warmth, setting as character, female friendships and/or multigenerational families, and secrets/hardships that come to light. Can be A or YA!
Becca Podos @RebeccaPodos#MSWL A YA book that fits on the shelf with PRACTICAL MAGIC, THE PARTICULAR SADNESS OF LEMON CAKE or THE ENCHANTED CHOCOLATE POT. But gay.
FYI this #MSWL is evergreen, but now I'll take your adult versions, too 🙏🏼
Tara Gilbert 🔮✨ @Literary_TaraCan I get a LGBTQIA+ sports romance? Especially if the sporty one is a lady, trans, or nonbinary. This is for adult, YA, and I'd take upper MG (even if it isn't romance). Thanks! #mswl
Esports count too!! Give me gamers! Heck, I'll take hetero in that. #mswl
Always always on the hunt for diverse, creative contemporary YA that can capture the humor, heart, and playfulness of anime. 💖
Bonus if the story involves friends sharing their passions (geeky or not) or has some delicious food. #mswl
Allison Moore 📚 @allisonm610Happy Valentine's week💘! I've been eating up contemp romance and want to bring that energy to my #mswl -- agents, hit me up with your high-concept and layered meet-cutes, esp by diverse creators. I want your YA Red White & Royal Blue, Friend Zone, Proposal, Twice in a Blue Moon!
YA authors, hey, send me your queer rom coms MY BODY IS READY. #MSWL