For our third and final children's book agency Meet the Team post, we meet @LitAgentClare 🌟Clare is on the lookout for new and exciting talent, so head over to our blog for her manuscript wish list 👀 #MSWL
In YA - all categories and genres #MSWL I am partial to:
- Unique take on dystopian & all YA SFF
- Thriller/Mys: dark and broody
- Historical from any time other than WW2
- Contemp? Something funny! Bring me your YA snark and sarcasm.
Anne Tibbets @AnneTibbetsIt's been a while since I've done a #MSWL and I try not to b/c honestly, sometimes I don't know what I want until I see it - but I know some of y'all find these useful so here goes...
In Adult SFF #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Fresh twists & unique concepts
- I love all kinds: dystopia, post apoc, space opera, high fantasy, low, magical realism, urban, etc - but it HAS to be different than what's already out there.
- Mash ups and new takes most welcome
One of the hardest thing about querying agents is knowing what’s actually a fit for their lists... so I’m excited to share my #MSWL with everyone! manuscriptwishlist.com/mswl-post/mega… take a look to see my specific interests and fav reads!
Naomi Davis, literary agent @NaomisLitPix• Fresh, complex aduly fantasy! I do not want to see fae, elves, or other commonly-utilized fantasy creatures. Show me characters realizing their world is way, way bigger (maybe magically?) Than they realized. Bring me intense relationships here. Family drama. FANTASY CLOTHES.
Ignoring the typo... this is always on my wishlist for adult fantasy!!! Also: women with magic of all ages and stages of life, beautiful&interactive fantasy settings, rich cultural influence, and surprising new applications of magic or fantasy elements. #MSWL 1/
Stephanie Stein @stephlysteinI turned 30 (!!!) last weekend, an occasion I'm seizing to share my #MSWL this year:
- sweeping YA romance
- ✨queer magic✨
- savvy, commercial MG fantasy
- joyful queer & POC stories
- & POC authors with something to say
- emotional contemporary MG
- cozy af graphic novels