New specific whim to add to my #MSWL since mention of it just gave me a mini homesick twinge: I would love to see some kind of adventure that takes place at Pike Place Market. It still feels like a magical place to me today and did even more so when I was a kid!
And on the middle grade and YA side, I want funny, I want adventure, I want completely new, never-seen-before characters and settings, I want high-concept romances, lots of friendship and heart, just phenomenal stories and journeys all over🚀🌴
#MSWL while I absolutely love middle grade horror and dark fantasy, I'm seeing A LOT of it in queries. Would love to see some variety! Sci-fi, fairytale retellings, contemporary, something tragic, joyful stories, series oriented, adventure, etc
Accepting Unagented Queries Until End of May.
Picture Book: Delightful Read Alouds
Middle Grade: Sci-Fi Action Adventure
Young Adult: Sweeping Fantasy with Horror Elements
Full Wishlist Here:
- Adventure stories with strong friendship groups, think City Spies or The Last Day of Summer.
- Fantasy in the vein of Tristan Strong, or Aru Shah.
- Horror, horror, horror! Creepy, crawly, funny & subversive. Think The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place (4/6) #mswl
Hi new friends and old, thanks for the well wishes & support. Since it's pub lunch official...I'm thrilled to share the #mswl of my dreams and I hope to see some cool submissions soon! manuscriptwishlist.com/mswl-post/jenn…
Adult: Narrative nonfiction/memoir about food, Southern culture, adventure, extreme sports, journeys, science/medicine, from perspectives we have not seen before/enough of & whose narratives tackle bigger-picture subjects alongside personal narratives.
Please more BIPOC and Trans voices, from anywhere in the world! #MSWL
Science Fiction & Fantasy
Thriller & Suspense
Action & Adventure
Mystery & Detective
We are accepting MS submissions!
Agented subs only! And I’m only accepting YA and MG at this time:)
I’m looking for…
- BIPOC centred stories full of joy, heart and adventure
- found family
- atmospheric writing
- layered storytelling
- Anything and everything set in the modern day South
I only do MG and YA. My taste leans commercial and escapist and ultimately…fun. Big imaginations. Joy of adventure. Humor. Romance. Big feelings. I’ts okay if we’re not a match. There’s a bazillion agents these days. #MSWL
#MSWL Still (forever) seeking voicey female-fronted thrillers. Less domestic/psych suspense fiction (unless they've got a killer Gone Girl-style twist), more heists, fights, action/adventure goodness. Would love a female Reacher equivalent. Humor also much appreciated.
- I like zany humor and mad-cap adventures. (See TIME VILLAINS and 7TH GRADE V. GALAXY on my list.)
- Epic fantasy is great—but the more original the world the better.
- A sense of FUN and POSSIBILITY and MAGIC (doesn't have to be literal magic, but it doesn't hurt).