Monthly reminder that I'd love more of the following stories:
- Southern Gothic
- Small town/isolated settings with a darkness to them and how characters deal with it. Think Sawkill Girls or Burn Our Bodies Down
- Queer found families with various dynamics.
Some #MSWL things I've been craving in my inbox:
🌈 Queer MG, especially first crushes
💙 Found family dynamics
🌳 Small towns/isolated settings especially with a speculative element
💀 Southern Gothic
♣️ Stories that involve tarot/playing with fate
Across the board, I will be prioritizing authors from marginalized communities. I'd love to see more Southern fiction by marginalized authors, think BOYS OF ALABAMA or BLACKTOP WASTELAND. Still dreaming of a sweeping multigenerational family saga by a Southern BIPOC author.
I am listening to BOYS OF ALABAMA by @genhudson on audio, & it's just what I always dream of in Southern fiction: It explores everything that's beautiful & ugly about the South, with a touch of magic. It's stunning. #MSWL
I am still on the hunt for the book I’ve been dreaming about since I became an agent: a multigenerational family saga with spec elements set in the South, a Southern 100 Years of Solitude. Dream big, right?
As a Southern person, working at a Southern publisher, I'd love to find Southern stories—in everything from contemporary to genre fiction! Particularly BIPOC and/or queer southern stories! #MSWL
Agents! Would ❤️ to see: historical (1900s), diverse voices, complex female relationships, high society, immigrant stories, suspense, light speculative, campus setting, southern, family dramas, gothic, nostalgia, romcom. All upmarket w/ commercial hook & feminist themes. #mswl
Oh, hello! At long last, my #MSWL page is up! I will try to keep this as up to date as possible. (I also regularly tweet things I'm looking for here.) Check it out:
#amagenting #amquerying #WritingCommunity
I’ve been in such a Mood for two very different kinds of books:
(1) Southern fiction a la Kristy Woodson Harvey, with warmth, setting as character, female friendships and/or multigenerational families, and secrets/hardships that come to light. Can be A or YA!
For #YA send me all your charming rom-coms, your heartfelt exploration of sibling dynamics, thrillers that will keep me up at night turning the pages, and all the southern gothic you can handle. Oh & anything with hints of magic. I LOVE contemporary fantasy & light fantasy #MSWL
For #MSWL in horror
- Creepy Southern/Western Americana or non-Western world Gothic
- horror that interrogates sociopolitical fears
- anything you can see Bruce Campbell starring in
- no exploitative violence against femmes and POC pls
-My long shot: Still looking for a literary epic multigenerational family saga with magic realism set in the South. A Southern 100 Years of Solitude. Does it exist? Did you write it?!