I'm eager for fun middle grade series, humorous or not -- but definitely heartfelt. Sweeping worlds, sweeping adventures, kids wrapped up with gods and monsters and magic. Bonus points for fun animal (or magical-creature) sidekick characters! #MSWL
I love the quirkiness and humor and vibes of TAZ (The Adventure Zone) so much. So if someone wants to send me a YA about a bunch of friends doing their actual play/gaming podcast and just living their best lives I would be forever in your debt. #mswl
I'm also acquiring the select picture book! I'm looking for heartfelt stories about marginalized folks' experiences, nonfiction bios, and laugh-out-loud pbs with sneaky adult humor.
- contemporary, joyful, humorous slice-of-life stories about marginalized characters and their middle school problems
- commercial light fantasy adventures with extraordinary heart
- sister stories, competitor-turned-friend narratives, first crushes
The Monster at the End of This Book is a perfect book. That’s it. It’s also a spiritual comp for a good chunk of my list, and my #MSWL
desire! dread! existential crisis! humor! super loveable hero! Putting said hero thru the ringer! meta! catharsis!
Romance: I'm looking for contemporary romance and rom-coms with a fresh hook and voice, high concept, as well as clear chemistry. I don't currently have a favorite trope, but I always love tension of all sorts and lots of humor :)
#mswl! I see a lot of romances about a normal person and a famous person falling for each other, but they rarely nail the weirdness and the humor of the situation the way this does. I really, REALLY want the “com” part.
Writing humor is difficult because everyone has an idea of what is funny. For me #mswl like Dave Barry, Modern Family, BBTheory, British, Mr.Bean. Smart, sharp, quick humor. Read Jenks and you'll get it. If you have it, send it to me please.
• Horror and supernatural fiction that radically represents and explores queer, female, and BIPOC rage
• Books that slide adeptly between humor and poignancy—if a book can make me laugh on one page and cry on the next, it wins my whole heart!
• Zany middle grade humor with a big heart, in the vein of Dog Man—I’d particularly like to explore careers outside of policing that nonetheless lend themselves to multiple adventures over the course of a series
I love humor. I don't care how dark the book is, I want to have a moment to laugh while I'm reading. If your PNR or UF has humor and fits these guidelines: cityowlpress.com/queries/#mysti…
Query me here: QueryManager.com/LisaGreenQueri… #MSWL
And finally if you have chapter book or middle grade book that uses humour, adventure, fantasy, sci-fi or any combination thereof to help little kids explore their big feelings like in COCO and OVER THE MOON, please send me your work. #mswl
What do I want? A 1st person or 3rd person closed paranormal romance (or other fantasy sub-genre) with action, humor, and heat. 50-75K 80 tops. HEA or HFN. #MSWL Query me here: QueryManager.com/LisaGreenQueri…
In YA, i still love most genres and everything from light to dark. I love hope and depth and humor and stories that can change lives, whether from joy or empathy and validation. More specifically:
1. Super high concept contemporary and speculative contemporary
#mswl cont ⬇️
More specifically in MG, i love a great, accessible voice and humor across the spectrum, but also more serious literary stories. MORE specifically:
1. Madcap adventures in any genre
#mswl cont ⬇️