Manuscript wish list:
- Adult space only for Dec 2023
- Psychological thrillers: character-driven & twisty
- Horror: thoughtful, more suspense than gore, unexpected endings.
- Mystery: 70k-100k words, historical & contemporary with or w/o a hint of romance, trad cozies, police procedurals, amateur sleuths & private 👁️ fiction
- Suspense: 75k - 100k words, no paranormal, lower to mid-level descriptions of violence
- Romance: Historical & Contemporary (with series potential), Romcom (with new fresh spins on old tropes), Small Town Western Settings, Diverse Romance, Holiday Romance
- Historical Fiction (no WWII fiction) from the ’20s, ’40s and Victorian era
- I would LOVE a creative retelling of The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes
- High-concept book club fiction with a commercial hook. Anything provocative, humorous, and/or haunting
- Novels featuring complex family and/or racial dynamics and unforgettable characters
- Speculative fiction with quirky characters
- For all fiction: a magnetic opening, well-trained, flowy writing and cliffy chapter endings please!
- Only from authors with an established/large platform
- Commercial nf with a wide reach
- Celebrity or true crime autobiography
- Book club nonfiction books with take-away
- Stories infused with faith/positive spirit
- Space-related memoir & other space nf from authors with a platform
I may add more! And if you're very keen on working with me, but you aren't sure if you've got what I'm looking for, you can always DM or comment with your questions.
After closing this summer for the first time ever, Senior Agent @Cforde_litagent is ready to open for submissions again!
She will be open for submissions from November 6th to December 6th 2023!
Find more details in the attached graphics.
#mswl #queryme #pitchme #litagent
Contemporary #YA with a literary voice about ordinary teens dealing with life, family, relationships, friendships falling apart, sexuality, mental health, or recovery. A blend of genre and literary would be best of all.
-BIPOC rom-coms with great depth
-books that pull readers in for the hook(s), but make them stay for the relatable, tear-jerking emotional arcs
-sweeping historical and family dramas
-new adult / first year of college stories
-Gossip Girl-esque thrillers
Aaaaand my #MSWL is here: manuscriptwishlist.com/mswl-post/trinica-sampson-vera/ Looking forward to reading your amazing queries! 💞
"I want novels about dysfunctional families. Extra bonus points if they're wealthy (think HBO's Succession) because, let's face it, reading about rich people in trouble is fun. Super extra bonus points if there's an immigrant angle."
In modern fantasy I'm looking for things like Jade City. Give me family shenanigans, politics, with really unique magic systems. Babel and Black Sun are always top on my list. Overall anything with colonizer bashing themes, non-western mythos, pirates, or dark academics
"I really love literary fiction that takes you into small worlds and communities where I'm an outsider. Give me a glimpse inside a complex family, or a workplace."
All the TV series I have loved of late - @Yellowstone , @ThePeakyBlinder , @succession - have a complex, competitive, ruthless but loyal, loving & unforgettable family at their core. If one of these is at the centre of your novel, please send it my way 🙏 #MSWL #manuscriptwishlist
Upmarket! Something commercial w/gorgeous writing, featuring people who are not okay bc sometimes we're not okay. I want to feel the spectrum of emotions. Break my 💔, tell me the story out of order or backward. Familial or friendship stories or just a strong cast of characters.
"Seeking generational stories of parenthood and family with non-binary and/or trans characters in the commercial or historical adult fiction genre (ie. heavy with plot!)"
Villains being truly and genuinely villainous, romance at the forefront but politics at the core, family dynasties, high stakes adventure, historical dramas, highly aesthetic spaces, thoughtfully done ensemble casts with series potential. Give me more Fourth Wing