My #MSWL these days: Fiction: Adult Suspense, YA contemporary (any subgenre), YA and MG Graphic Novels.
Nonfiction: Pop Culture, or Narrative Nonfiction that reads like a novel, but is 100% researched. I remain open to other stuff, but the above is what I really want.
“I’d love to see more YA or MG illustrated nonfiction or graphic novels about women’s rights, reproductive health, and adjacent topics (pop culture included).” @readbystephanie #MSWL psliterary.com/submissions/
Some #MSWL things:
1) MG fantasy, please! Especially myth-based, w/a strong focus on character, & a beautiful world/setting.
2) Contemporary MG/YA with LGBTQ+ characters.
3) MG graphic novels!
4) Underrepresented voices.
5) YA or MG that deals w/grief and/or mental health.
My list is pretty fully of geniuses at the moment but there are some things I've been wanting to sign for an age--maybe you can help me out? #MSWL
- adult space opera
- MG mystery (sff/contemp)
- series-friendly GN
- YA/MG horror GN
- anything like IN OTHER LANDS, pls, I'm dying
I am on the hunt for more non-fiction on my list such as illustrated or graphic novel self-help/self-care/ guides, cookbooks, crafting books, or graphic novel memoirs. #mswl
"I loved THE DREAMERS by Karen Thompson Walker. Send me more spec fiction, even better if it has an environmental angle. Adult, YA, and graphic novels welcome!” @readbystephanie #MSWL psliterary.com/submissions/
Natalie M. Lakosil @Natalie_Lakosil@syntactics Art and text or open to text only?
Again, I am ONLY open to graphic novel submissions. But I'd love to see comics that read like the following prose books:
• Yamile Saied Méndez's Furia
• Kacen Callender's Felix Ever After
• Kristin Cashore's Graceling Realm series
• Courtney Summers's Sadie
• Grace Ellis & Noelle Stevenson's Lumberjanes series
• Dav Pilkey's Dog Man series
• Ben Hatke's Zita the Spacegirl
• Cece Bell's El Deafo
• Jerry Craft's New Kid
• Jen Wang's Stargazing
• Mike Curato's Flamer
• Luke Pearson's Hilda series
• Horror and supernatural fiction that radically represents and explores queer, female, and BIPOC rage
• Books that slide adeptly between humor and poignancy—if a book can make me laugh on one page and cry on the next, it wins my whole heart!
• Zany middle grade humor with a big heart, in the vein of Dog Man—I’d particularly like to explore careers outside of policing that nonetheless lend themselves to multiple adventures over the course of a series
Rachel Stark @syntacticsSpecifically, I'm looking for . . . #MSWL 6/?
• Original, unforgettable characters with the potential to become universally beloved household names
• Expansive, unique & cinematic worlds—whether fantastical or a part of the real world that’s been underrepresented or that feels fresh through the creator’s eyes