Netflix US @netflixTHE ENGLISH GAME
If you liked Downton Abbey, you’ll love this new show from creator Julian Fellowes. Here he tackles the story of two footballers on opposite sides of a class divide who forge a bond that helps bring the upper-class sport to the masses in England, circa 1870. pic.twitter.com/oql0eceD1U
I just started watching this and I hereby request a Victorian football romance ⚽️💖 #mswl
Agents! Would ❤️ to see: historical (1900s), diverse voices, complex female relationships, high society, immigrant stories, suspense, light speculative, campus setting, southern, family dramas, gothic, nostalgia, romcom. All upmarket w/ commercial hook & feminist themes. #mswl
#MSWL. Please send me some light, fun reading! Romantic comedies & uplifting women's fiction. Historical fiction set in glamorous locales and a glamorized past like THE GIRL IN WHITE GLOVES or AND THEY CALLED IT CAMELOT.
Rebecca Baumann @arkhamlibrarianI was obsessed especially with the early T H I C K books. The later skinny ones didn’t appeal as much (though I still read them). I think the fat ones made me feel like I was reading very adult books. Favorite? Probably Hollywood hopeful Roxanne, set in 1938. pic.twitter.com/jPfhJhJcBn
I was obsessed with this entire line. Obsessed! I would love to rep an awesome YA historical romance ala Sunfire! #mswl
#mswl I'm looking for romantic comedies, and slow-burning romances. No non-fiction, historical novels or memoirs. I'm very selective with YA/NA but will take a look if the plot pulls me in!
I’m particularly interested in historical fiction and nonfiction for adults and juveniles. Give me the hidden backstory on an iconic event or person, or a pivotal but lesser-known character or incident. I want stories of people and issues that moved the needle. #MSWL
2. Women’s Fiction! I’d love to find the next Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick. (This is a WISH list, remember?) I love interesting voices/POVs, dual timelines with a historical feel, rhythmic language, generational sagas. #MSWL
In YA - all categories and genres #MSWL I am partial to:
- Unique take on dystopian & all YA SFF
- Thriller/Mys: dark and broody
- Historical from any time other than WW2
- Contemp? Something funny! Bring me your YA snark and sarcasm.
In Adult Horror #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Historical and/or sub-genre horror
- Literary-esque voice
- Not a slasher movie plot
- MAIN CHARACTER DRIVEN, not monster/killer driven
- I love moody, atmospheric, and creepy af
- Creative/unique monsters (if applicable)
- Gothic a plus
One of the hardest thing about querying agents is knowing what’s actually a fit for their lists... so I’m excited to share my #MSWL with everyone! manuscriptwishlist.com/mswl-post/mega… take a look to see my specific interests and fav reads!