“Send me your diverse MG adventures where the kids go wild in a fashion industry setting, think a big and beautiful bridal shop a la Say Yes to the Dress or a designer's home office or flagship.” @readbystephanie #MSWL psliterary.com/submissions/
#MSWL I have a love for contemporary MG books with quirky plotlines and lovable characters that you just want to hug as you see them grow. I’d love to see unique family arrangements and unique communities with those characters too.
this is an extremely niche #mggn #mswl but i'd actually love a middle grade graphic novel set in philly, centering on a kid in the midst of the spotted lantern fly swell, killing bugs and feeling big feelings about how the whole thing is a metaphor for ~life~
I’m on the hunt for well-crafted YA and MG! Here’s some things I like/am looking for:
- “Out of the box”/quirky narratives
- YA contemporary
- Stories with feminist themes (esp an intersectional framework. Bonus points for teen activism!) (2/6)
Eric Smith @ericsmithrocksI signed a new author today with a project I cannot stop thinking about, and all I can say is yes, I am very open to novels in verse. #MSWL
Caitlyn Averett is on hiatus @craverettSome #MSWL things:
1) MG fantasy, please! Especially myth-based, w/a strong focus on character, & a beautiful world/setting.
2) Contemporary MG/YA with LGBTQ+ characters.
3) MG graphic novels!
4) Underrepresented voices.
5) YA or MG that deals w/grief and/or mental health.
Briefly popping back in to say that I'm still looking for contemporary w/LGBTQIA+ characters! Same goes for the rest of the list, but I'm especially in the mood for contemporary right now. Really looking for strong voice w/a compelling internal conflict. #MSWL
Every submission in my inbox is either a picture book or YA--I'm desperate for some middle grade, people! Specifically in the mood for something along the lines Kelly Yang or Rebecca Stead. Agents, please send some my way ☺️ #MSWL
The continuing US-Canada border closure has me feeling wicked homesick -- especially in the summer. If you have contemporary #YA or #MG set on the Cape, Nantucket (though Martha's Vineyard is good too! #nottakingsides), or even the South Shore of MA, pls send to me! #MSWL
okay i am still far from an official #mswl BUT i just thought of something i don’t want to forget SO pls (in the distant future) send me THE PARENT TRAP x SHE’S THE MAN in middle grade, but QUEER + TRANS
8. During quarantine I've played a lot of video games. I'd love some MG & YA fiction, or adult fiction & nonfiction about video games (Homages to games? Deep-dive histories? Esports stories?). I am a lifelong Zelda, Monkey Island, & Harvest Moon fanatic.
2. Horror across the board: Spooky stories for MG, lyrical & atmospheric YA horror, adult horror that will surprise me—literary-leaning writing with propulsive plots. I am open to & love nearly all kinds of horror.
Erin Clyburn @erin_clyburnI am down to zero queries & three subs in my query box. (I hope to hit inbox zero by July 1, but time will tell.) Either way, I'm looking forward to opening to queries July 1! Here's a little #MSWL for when I reopen:
#amquerying #writingcommunity #amagenting
1. Food-centric fic & nonfic. I would love to see narrative nonfic deep dives into culinary history & people whose stories haven't been told. Essay collections about food intersecting with culture, politics, social justice. & in fic, MG, YA, & adult fic where food plays a role.