Feather Flores 🌙🐈⬛
D.B. Gee—Querying Speculative Fantasy! @DBGeeWrites@featherfully Hi Feather! I took a peek at the website for the publishers in your bio but didn't see YA as an age range. You liked one of my pitches (thank you ), so I'm hoping to confirm you are interested in acquiring YA stories. Thank you!
Hey D.B.! Oh gosh, that's strange. But YES—Atheneum publishes picture books, MG, YA, and graphic novels within the S&S Children's group. My specific #MSWL lives here, if you want to check it out: featherflores.com/mswl/. Any questions, give me a shout! (& ahh your pitch is 🔥🔥)
Erin Murphy @agentemurphI would LOVE additional recs, please! And also, I have to say, these must be very hard to get publishers to buy ("But almost nothing happens! It's all character- and world-building!") and yet obviously there are a lot of us hungry for it.
Agents! Hello! This thread is a great excuse to remind you that cozy fantasy & sci-fi is explicitly on my #MSWL! I WILL BUY IT, please let me buy it, thank you & happy long weekend 💖💕💗😊
geneva @gdbeeartTrains in summer... they are perfect all year round, but especially in summer pic.twitter.com/FLw0bx4eae
#MSWL trains! trains are perfect! all train aesthetics are perfect! trains forever!
- History & historical fiction that centers marginalized perspectives!
- Charming, Agatha Christie-esque mysteries!
- Stories exploring the impact of immigration!
- Friendship stories! Whimsical romps! Fun & fast-paced adventures!
- FOOD! Forever & always food!
And of course…
- Mythology! Fairytales! Folklore! (Especially from non-European cultures!)
- Magical realism! Witchery! Magic rooted in nature!
- Atmospheric, gentle fantasy a la Studio Ghibli!
- Fantasy & science fiction rooted in inclusive world-building!
- Multigenerational family stories!
- Stories about language & connection!
- Romances starring 2+ characters of color!
- Mixed-race perspectives! Explorations of belonging & being in-between!
- Healthy, empowering relationships! Found family! Community! Platonic love!
I’m acquiring picture books, MG & YA novels, and graphic novels for all ages (both fiction & nonfiction in all formats). Joyful, uplifting voice- and character-driven stories are my jam!!
My (very) full #MSWL is available here: featherflores.com/mswl
Feather Flores 🌸 @featherfully✨Professional Update!✨
It’s PW-official: I’m thrilled to share that I’ve joined the incredible team at Atheneum / @SimonKIDS! 🤗🎉
Agent friends! If it’s been awhile since we connected, please reach out! I’d love to chat. 💕
And if we’ve never spoken, let’s change that! (I’m always especially excited to connect with newer/junior agents—I see the good work you’re doing & I want to buy your clients’ books!)
Watch this space for excited first day post and updated #MSWL coming next month! Agent friends, I’ll be excited to connect (or re-connect) in early June. I can’t wait to make more incredible books together! 🥰
Julia McCarthy @thejumblesJust a reminder that I (and many other editors!) are eager to acquire and amplify trans voices. Agents, I’m always looking for picture books, graphic novels, and MG/YA novels that uplift the trans community 🏳️⚧️ No more room in this world or on our pub lists for bigotry & hate!
Yes, eternally & forever #MSWL
Eva Zimmerman @EvaZimmerman@karianneholt Literally just sent a note to all of children's publishing begging them to make these girls into a book. Watching them was my favorite part of the Olympics so far. Can you write the book?!?!???!?!!
#mswl 😉 If you’ve got this, send it my way! I want it!
Kelly Carrell is looking for work! @specifikellysomeone hire me to work on your slice-of-life-with-fantastical-elements-story-that-deals-with-people-talking-about-their-feelings-and-is-also-gay-and-maybe-a-little-spooky project please