10. Also, reminder from my most epic Ren Faire trip: I kind of want a contemporary about working at a Ren Faire and the behind the drama. @angelinearly tweeted about feuds the other day, and I was curious about the hook-ups. So I feel like it could be a good mashup #MSWL.
Ashley Nicole Black @ashleyn1coleGuess who's crying and shaking and just talked to Elizabeth Warren on the phone?!?!? We have a plan to get my mom grandkids, it's very comprehensive, and it does involve raising taxes on billionaires.
Someone write me a rom com! #MSWL
6a. Side note: did anyone see the story of the girl whose homemade slime business (that she was running out of the bathroom) got shut down by the administration? THAT is the kind of #MG version of this that would be epic. #MSWL
6. I want a book that challenges the patriarchy or even the authority. Books like SUGGESTED READING by Dave Connis or THE BIRDS, THE BEES, AND YOU AND ME by Olivia Hinebaugh. Books about kids seeing how stupid adults & the rules are and they find ways to fight back. #MSWL #YA #MG
5. I want a fluffy rom-com. I want to feel the feels! Think MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING. Or the girly squeels of delight when Anne cracks the slate over Gilbert's head. I want to fall in love. #StanGilberBlythe #JonanthanCrombie4Eva #MSWL
4. I want a cinematic, high concept fantasy unlike anything I have seen before. I love unlikable ladies (but they must still be relatable), and I would love a single POV. Character driven is the BEST for me. With literary-esque writing. #MSWL
2. College set YA. But make it hella YA themes. Because sometimes the most quintessential YA themes are of finding your place in the world are actually found as a freshman in that first semester. Also, community bathrooms are SCARY. #MSWL
Natascha Morris @SoCalledYALifeLet's do a #MSWL! Because I am itching for some new books!
1. Spice Girls Break Up Book. I didn't realize how much I needed this until I said. I want a group of friends who lives are impacted by the Spice Girls. #MSWL
I'm intrigued by the e-sports world now that I have two close friends who work in it. I'd love to see any YA or kids books, fiction or nonfiction, related to e-sports in my query inbox. Deep knowledge of e-sports phenomenon required #mswl
Dahlia Adler @MissDahlELamaPublishing, on behalf of the LGBTQReads Tumblr, please publish more:
1. Harry Potter, but gay, especially wlw
2. "Something mlm like the Raven Boys," because then they read THE WICKER KING and love it and then I'm stuck
3. ownvoices m/m fantasy
4. Lady knights
Hello please consider this whole thread a #mswl for me personally
I know this is specific but I’d love a contemporary MG or YA where the MC has to wear a back brace bc they have scoliosis, kyphosis, or scoliokyphosis, and has to deal with all the complications it inflicts on socializing and fitting in. This was me growing up. #MSWL
Amy Fitzgerald @Amy_Ariel_Fitz2 for 2 so far: Emilia Clarke noting "She's not mad, she's traumatized" is an equally pointed departure from how the dudes insist on framing things.
I don't get to acquire much fantasy BUT WHEN I DO it's got female characters with nuance as well as grit, trauma fallout and mental health issues depicted realistically, and no dudes getting away with killing their girlfriends #MSWL
Leanne Tavares (is closed to queries) @Leanne54TavaresWho’s writing “A Cinderella Story” but gay? Preferably leaving the MC based on Chad Michael Murray. Send it to me, please and thanks. pic.twitter.com/bUiCGjp8g0
Just to clarify on this #mswl, I would definitely read it as a f/f as well. (When I open to queries again)