Dystopian • overreacting govts, secret societies, collapse, revolution, apocalyptic (esp w/ religious themes)
Romance • any of the above, historical, contemporary, enemies to lovers, childhood sweethearts, love triangles, no explicit content, would love halal
✨📑Open for submissions with @shaherazadshelf ! Accepting YA & Adult.
Submit to me 🎁 shaherazadshelves.com/submit
#scifi #fantasy #romance #dystopian #publishing #writingcommunity #amediting #amwriting #mswl
I've updated my #MSWL ! It's gotten a bit smaller (due to my 2024 goals to focus on middle grade books).
Note: I accept unagented submissions until Jan. 14.
Sleep is important but...I stayed awake dreaming of a compulsively readable thriller about a famous woman's descent into madness, drawing heavily from Perfect Blue and Black Swan. Agents if you have it, send it. #MSWL
Please someone send me a grownup Veronica Mars. I'm talking that hard boiled-but-not, sassy detective with a heart of gold. A cast of secondary characters that capture your whole heart and a star-crossed romance with an HEA wouldn't hurt either. #MSWL
I am not a good fit for:
- Sorry no straight romcoms at this time
- Anything that leans too literary
- Stories centering around police officers or military
- Gore, body horror
- High Fantasy
- Space operas
- Childrens fiction (MG, YA, PB)
- Sweeping love stories
- Feminist takes on old tropes
- Voices from underrepresented groups
- I love stories that keep me guessing, voice-y narratives, and immersive, atmospheric settings
- Light grounded Sci-fi elements
- LGBTQ+ stories—including romcoms
- Twisty, gripping with surprising endings (think Mary Kubrica or Seraphina Nova Glass)
- Stories with light fantasy or gothic elements, mild horror, and/or magical realism
- Quirky female-driven fiction
- Juicy dramas
Agents: I am actively looking to add to my roster of talented authors.
- Book club-worthy fiction that skews commercial
- Woman’s fiction
- Historical fiction from diverse perspectives
-BIPOC rom-coms with great depth
-books that pull readers in for the hook(s), but make them stay for the relatable, tear-jerking emotional arcs
-sweeping historical and family dramas
-new adult / first year of college stories
-Gossip Girl-esque thrillers
Promotions mean a new #MSWL !!
I'm looking for contemporary and light fantasy MG and YA fiction + the select picture book, with a focus on character-driven marginalized stories that center around joy and hope.🧵