Super excited to start in my new role as Literary Agent @MushensEnt ! 🥳🥳🥳
I'll miss working with all of @mushenska 's lovely clients, but I'm very excited to focus on building my own list.
Aspiring authors please send your brilliant books my way!
"Upmarket fiction I loved (from the past year or two): LESSONS IN CHEMISTRY, I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU, NOTES ON AN EXECUTION, THE GLASS HOTEL, and MARRYING THE KETCHUPS.”
Hopefully this will ✂️ wait times while also allowing me to give each query the focus they deserve. I figure it’s worth a try. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So what am I looking for? Primarily #mg and #ya and #illustrators . (3/4)
My hope is that I’ll be able to respond to queries in a more timely manner. I know authors put time and care into their work and it’s not fun to wait. I also know how long it takes me to give queries their due consideration. (I’m slow, and I know it, but it’s how I work!) (2/4)
I am so excited to let #amquerying #kidlit writers and illustrators know that I am FINALLY reopening to queries on Friday, Sept 1! AND I am trying something new! I am going to try opening for queries the first 7 days of each month only. Why? 🧵(1/4)
"The human brain is an endless source of fascination. I'd welcome nonfiction titles exploring the nexus between neuroscience and other fields, e.g., neuropsychology, neurosociology, neuropharmacology, neuronutrition, etc."
Friendly reminder to #amquerying authors: I open to all queries (within YA & Adult SFF and romance) on Friday, 9/1!
I’m in pretty good shape with numbers right now (I think 60 ish queries and 25 fills), and I’m excited to see what y’all send me!
Keep your eyes peeled for the official opening of my query inbox! To see what I’ll be looking for, take a look at my detailed MSWL here: kathleenfoxxagent.com/mswl (I’ll post an MSWL thread here when I open, too!)
#WritingCommunity #writers #AmQuerying #AmWriting #Agent #MSWL
That's it! I hope that helped provide a bit more detail of what I'm excited about but only so much can fit in a tweet so if you think I'm a good fit, query away. My MSWL and QM page can be found at the link in my bio. I can't wait to see all of your projects in a few days!! (8/8)
I'm not open to PB, MG, or nonfiction at this time. Things that aren't a fit for me: any genre of religion, horror, poetry/prose, or historical fiction. No on-page cheating, abuse, rape, or self-harm/suicide (off-page references are fine). Please include CWs/TWs as needed. (7/8)
In any genre, believability is huge for me. Whatever happens to your characters or drives the story forward has to make sense with what's happening around them. Worldbuilding is also important, I need to know where I am and feel as though I'm right alongside the MC. (7/8)
5. Speculative/Fantasy/Sci-Fi: I don't really have specifics here, but I'd love anything that completely transports me to a new world and makes me crave the setting/characters once I finish. Books like Matched, Fourth Wing, Babel, Artemis. Bring on the book hangover. (6/8)
4. Eco-fiction: This one is so important to me as a climate advocate. I'd love to see YA stories about teens addressing climate change, fighting for environmental issues, or trying to save a species from extinction. Tug at my heartstrings and make me want to save the world. (5/8)
3. Disability rep: I live with an autoimmune disorder, and it sucks, but I still live. I want to see stories where MC's are not struggling but embracing life with their disabilities, whether they are obvious or invisible. Give me characters who are Deaf, have lupus, etc. (4/8)
2. Issue-driven: In either space, I love stories that drive off important concepts of mental health or other real-world issues (grief, divorce, friendships). I've lived these experiences and I wish I had books to read growing up that made me feel seen. We need them. (3/8)
1. Adult Contemporary/Romance: I love a gushy romance or a strong feel-good contemporary with a bittersweet ending. I'm a big fan of second-chance romance (bonus points if it's dual timeline). If it's comp'd to Emily Henry or Taylor Jenkins Reid, I want to see it. (2/8)
#MSWL 🧵 before I open to queries on Friday!
I will be open to most genres of YA and Adult including but not limited to contemporary, romance, thriller, speculative, dystopian, issue-driven, fantasy, eco-fiction, sci-fi. Here's some things I'll be keeping my eye out for. (1/8)
soooo excited for this year's #DVpit ! i'm still only open the first week of every month (except for this upcoming sept) but will def be ravenous for pitches at this discord's pitch event. 😈 #writingcommunity #amquerying #mswl