Esmy Jimenez @esmyjimenezI’m probably gonna die on this boring hill but: we need media literacy to be taught in K-12 and beyond. It needs to be part of how you learn to read and write at this point, how you consume, research, and communicate information. The stakes are too high to wait
Authors, we're looking for #BIPOC fiction voices (#YA or adult, especially #NativeAmerican, including Pacific Islander and/or NW Coast) for the #Christian market. No DMs. See submission guidelines here: rachellegardner.com/submissions #MSWL #Inspybooks #amwriting #ChristFic
Querying authors, we're looking for #Steampunk (YA or adult) and YA fairy tale retellings geared toward the #Christian market. Looking for authors with strong platforms. No DMs. See submission guidelines here: rachellegardner.com/submissions #MSWL #Inspybooks #amwriting #ChristFic
I've finally had a chance to update my #MSWL on my website SeraRivers.com/mswl. Also, something I would REALLY LOVE to see is a modern-day #BIPOC #THEWESTINGGAME! Someone send me tis PLEASE! #queryme #amquerying #literaryagent #kidlit #ya #mg #pb #gn #kidlitart
and gripping narrative histories about overlooked figures or moments! not an exhaustive list of what I’m looking for, but definitely top of mind. if the voice is unique, and the sentences are strong, I’ll be excited to read 😎 (4/4)
it’s Friday, a good day to let agents know that I’m open to nonfiction submissions! I’m always searching for fresh Latinx/Central American voices, immigrant writers, and undocumented/formerly undocumented folks. more specifically though… (1/4) #mswl
Now how do I get on the side of Twitter that gushes profusely about CHARMING AS A VERB by @gohomeben on the regular ??? Bc how does it not come up more??
(YA contemp, Black love (both darkskin), Black boy MC, no Black trauma focus??? Yeahhh it’s giving #mswl !!)
some characters types i love
- demyx from kingdom hearts (lazy, lovable, a lil incompetent, the best)
- izaya orihara from durarara!!
- zack fair from FFVII (dude goes from idealistic puppy to jaded optimist, and it's SO GOOD)
i genuinely don't think anyone can pull something like the nier games, but i do love stories that try to answer the philosophical questions of what it means to be human and why do we do what we do, so if your story tackles smth like this from a fresh pov, then lemme at it.
- "i have a ghost friend" a la yugioh with characters like yami yuugi or astral, or even like hikaru no go where the protag gets wrapped up in a new world and gains a new skill and passion
- stuff that could be comp'd to "megaman: nt warrior" with personal AI avatars
some random things i just want to see because they'd bring me joy
- a character who has a pet hamster (i have two and they're SO CUTE)
- ragtag team-up that goes from reluctant to "i would die for any of you" in friendship/romance intensity