First day of work @KnopfBFYR in 2020 calls for a #mswl!
- Middle grade! Give me camp & give me swimming & give me queerness, please!
- Not-for-everyone level weird/spec YA
- Can't-put-down voices
- Graphic novels! All ages, all genres, all above mswls apply to this format, too!
Please send me the YA (or MG? Not sure!) on the #opioidcrisis. Possibly from the perspective of a student journalist personally impacted by it who to their core needs to DO SOMETHING about it?? I have a lot of feelings on why the kidlit world needs this; send it to me. #mswl
- Graphic novels, all ages and genres (but especially middle grade) (!!!)
- Picture book texts with social emotional learning & maybe a nontraditional family structure—and sweep me off my feet with debut author-artists!
- The voicey-est YA
Lots of feelings learning about Megan Rapinoe's brother & their relationship, as there are some (scary) similarities & mirrors to my brother & my relationship w/ him. How's there not a YA novel that looks at sibling addiction? Have I just missed it? #mswl espn.com/soccer/fifa-wo…
Genre-bending, standalone YA spec fic that puts me in the mind of Jane, Unlimited—a book I read over a year ago and still think about on a weekly basis. Bonus points for a sweeping yet claustrophobic setting like Tu Reviens! #mswl
Where are all the girls and/or queer kiddos who are really into sports in kid lit? The narratives about relationships with your body and your friends and your crushes, through the lens of your athleticism and relationship to sports? #MG and #YA! #mswl
Let's kick off 2019 with #mswl! I'd love to see:
- LGBTQ+ middle grade and YA, any genre, any time period!
- Contemporary YA with a spec twist (think Still Life with Tornado or Dig)
- Literally ANYTHING that evokes Tillie Walden's On a Sunbeam
- Graphic novels or memoirs
When I was a kid/teen, I had so many complicated feelings about myself, my body, and my peers in all things related to sports (swimming’ll do that). I would LOVE to find a middle grade or YA narrative that takes on this kind of emotional arc. #mswl
It's #mswl day! Ok, so...
- queer girl contemp realistic graphic novels in YA
- & lgbtq+ characters and stories in any format and genre for any age, but especially MG
- found/chosen family narratives in YA
- sex-positive YA
- Own Voices stories w/ South & Central America settings
Hannah Fergesen @HannahFergesen@dinovisms MSWL?
I was thinking clear manifestation of my severe perfectionist tendencies, but now I kind of want a YA UF about a badass girl with self-changing body art she uses to solve crimes in dreamscape sequences... #mswl