It’s almost the end of August (😱)... so here are a few things I’d love to see in my inbox this fall:
- MIDDLE GRADE! (Specifically: queer and/or gender-expansive narratives; girls in sports; and still forever searching for my dream CAMP book & animal fantasy.) #mswl
Dahlia Adler @MissDahlELamaI’m obviously not the person and please god do not @ me about it, but I really hope there’s a queer MG anthology in the works. I will help you with your entire lineup if it’s not already happening and you decide to take this on.
This is my literal dream. #mswl
Hello, yes, I really need someone to write a queer picture book text or queer girl graphic novel script so I can also hire this incredible, dreamy queer graphic artist I discovered at a market on vacation in Norway. That is all. #mswl
Where are all the girls and/or queer kiddos who are really into sports in kid lit? The narratives about relationships with your body and your friends and your crushes, through the lens of your athleticism and relationship to sports? #MG and #YA! #mswl
Let's kick off 2019 with #mswl! I'd love to see:
- LGBTQ+ middle grade and YA, any genre, any time period!
- Contemporary YA with a spec twist (think Still Life with Tornado or Dig)
- Literally ANYTHING that evokes Tillie Walden's On a Sunbeam
- Graphic novels or memoirs
It's #mswl day! Ok, so...
- queer girl contemp realistic graphic novels in YA
- & lgbtq+ characters and stories in any format and genre for any age, but especially MG
- found/chosen family narratives in YA
- sex-positive YA
- Own Voices stories w/ South & Central America settings