- Graphic novels, all ages and genres (but especially middle grade) (!!!)
- Picture book texts with social emotional learning & maybe a nontraditional family structure—and sweep me off my feet with debut author-artists!
- The voicey-est YA
Hello, yes, I really need someone to write a queer picture book text or queer girl graphic novel script so I can also hire this incredible, dreamy queer graphic artist I discovered at a market on vacation in Norway. That is all. #mswl
Let's kick off 2019 with #mswl! I'd love to see:
- LGBTQ+ middle grade and YA, any genre, any time period!
- Contemporary YA with a spec twist (think Still Life with Tornado or Dig)
- Literally ANYTHING that evokes Tillie Walden's On a Sunbeam
- Graphic novels or memoirs
It's #mswl day! Ok, so...
- queer girl contemp realistic graphic novels in YA
- & lgbtq+ characters and stories in any format and genre for any age, but especially MG
- found/chosen family narratives in YA
- sex-positive YA
- Own Voices stories w/ South & Central America settings