Samantha S. Fabien
Putting out an #MSWL call for marginalized creators and all of the beautiful intersections therein 🧡
I'd love to see more projects in book club fiction, thrillers, mysteries, suspense, romance, SFF, and horror for middle-grade, YA, & adult readers! Genre blends too!
Miscellaneous things I’d love in my inbox? 📥
• horror pied piper reimagining!
• queer Dorian Gray
• queer MG 💚
• sex-positive, body positive YA rom-coms
• BIPOC witches, seers, and mediums
• BIPOC in and writing crime fiction & speculative fic
• isolated thrillers
In speculative fiction (light sci-fi, horror, fantasy), I need worlds that I can settle into easily.
Fresh takes on classic tropes, dynamic characters, unique magic systems, atmospheric writing & undeniably high stakes ✨Think: R.F. Kuang, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Rory Power
hi #amquerying & #WritingCommunity folx,
i’d love to see more:
• contemporary stories for MG-Adult
• rom-coms, especially in YA (queer & diverse). I want a BIPOC f/f story so badly!
• twisty YA thrillers and horror (& adult, always!)
• gothic and horror in MG, YA, and Adult that haunts you with its writing as much as the subject matter (not one for gratuitous gore)
• contemporary fantasy with fresh hooks, strong character dynamics, immersive worlds, & romance subplots.
Yelitsa Jean-Charles @TheYelitsaA horror movie about an affluent black family moving into a Victorian home haunted by racist ghosts and then having to call on the spirits of ancestors to lay hands
#MSWL but make it a book.
I am continuing to scream into the void for POCs writing/centered in horror, thrillers, mysteries, and suspense. I want the Mexican Gothic, Jordan Peele, Alexis Henderson vibes
I want to concentrate on building my adult list.
Send me your romances, contemporaries, grounded fantasies, historical fiction (feeling the 1920s these days), thrillers/mysteries, speculative, and contemporary stories.
Oh, and horror! But nuanced horror. #MSWL.