Just re-watched Akeelah and the Bee and remembered how much I LOVED it as a child. Like, 10 yo me could not stop saying "pulchritude." It has its problems, but its hopeful message and diverse cast are things I NEED RIGHT NOW. If you have MG like this, please give it to me #mswl
[kie.ran] @danblackroydFriend breakups (I mean good, longterm, very close and intimate friendships) are, in my experience, much more emotionally devastating than romantic breakups. And yet, unlike romantic relationships, we have almost no socialization (even in media images) on how to navigate them.
Agreed, agreed, agreed. If you have an MG or YA friend breakup story, I want it #mswl
- Literary, character-driven stories featuring diverse ensembles and strong points of view
- Joyful romcoms about marginalized protagonists
- Light fantasy / speculative fiction
- Funny and sweet contemporary coming-of-age stories
- Light fantasy adventures with great heart
- Historical fiction highlighting lesser-known narratives about marginalized folk
Elizabeth Lee @EleeReadsWoohoo! We’re living in uncertain times, but I’m still acquiring and editing books and excited to read all your future submissions. ;) With that said, here’s my #MSWL . . . pic.twitter.com/qhiMDIhCyJ
- Stomachache-worthy humor with a sweet, underlying message
- Biographies by and about outstanding marginalized folk
Elizabeth Lee @EleeReadsAs @GraceKendallLit tweeted, Macmillan is on rotational WFH due to coronavirus. However, I'm full-time WFH for now because I'm in a high risk population. With that said, I'm safe and cozy at home and very excited to read all! the! submissions! So please send them my way. 💙
As a caveat, at this time I'm only accepting agented manuscripts. Thank you! Can't wait to read!
- Mother / daughter relationships
- Diverse stories by diverse creators
- And of course, stories that I don’t even know I want. I love to be wowed. (And proceed to ramble about how much I love something to @GraceKendallLit) 😉❤️
- A fresh, self-aware diverse romance ala #JaneTheVirgin for teens
-A LGBTQIA+ story that doesn’t feature a coming out story
-A freshman year of college story!!
-A gritty, heart-pounding thriller rooted in character with a slow-burning romance
- #OwnVoices magical realism, reimagined folk tales, and sweeping, character-driven adventures
- Literary, contemporary stories about tween female friendship and the ins and outs of tweendom (if that’s a word)