- contemporary, joyful, humorous slice-of-life stories about marginalized characters and their middle school problems
- commercial light fantasy adventures with extraordinary heart
- sister stories, competitor-turned-friend narratives, first crushes
Elizabeth Lee @EleeReadsI have some exciting news to share! Today is my last day at FSG because . . . I am so thrilled to be joining Penguin Workshop as Editor!!
I'll be acquiring MG, YA, and the select PB -- look out for my MSWL in a few days. :) pic.twitter.com/1kV3YH5leO
Just re-watched Akeelah and the Bee and remembered how much I LOVED it as a child. Like, 10 yo me could not stop saying "pulchritude." It has its problems, but its hopeful message and diverse cast are things I NEED RIGHT NOW. If you have MG like this, please give it to me #mswl
[kie.ran] @danblackroydFriend breakups (I mean good, longterm, very close and intimate friendships) are, in my experience, much more emotionally devastating than romantic breakups. And yet, unlike romantic relationships, we have almost no socialization (even in media images) on how to navigate them.
Agreed, agreed, agreed. If you have an MG or YA friend breakup story, I want it #mswl
- Funny and sweet contemporary coming-of-age stories
- Light fantasy adventures with great heart
- Historical fiction highlighting lesser-known narratives about marginalized folk
- #OwnVoices magical realism, reimagined folk tales, and sweeping, character-driven adventures
- Literary, contemporary stories about tween female friendship and the ins and outs of tweendom (if that’s a word)