Just re-watched Akeelah and the Bee and remembered how much I LOVED it as a child. Like, 10 yo me could not stop saying "pulchritude." It has its problems, but its hopeful message and diverse cast are things I NEED RIGHT NOW. If you have MG like this, please give it to me #mswl
[kie.ran] @danblackroydFriend breakups (I mean good, longterm, very close and intimate friendships) are, in my experience, much more emotionally devastating than romantic breakups. And yet, unlike romantic relationships, we have almost no socialization (even in media images) on how to navigate them.
Agreed, agreed, agreed. If you have an MG or YA friend breakup story, I want it #mswl
- Funny and sweet contemporary coming-of-age stories
- Light fantasy adventures with great heart
- Historical fiction highlighting lesser-known narratives about marginalized folk
- #OwnVoices magical realism, reimagined folk tales, and sweeping, character-driven adventures
- Literary, contemporary stories about tween female friendship and the ins and outs of tweendom (if that’s a word)