- BIPOC rom-coms, friend-coms, and coming-of-age stories not exclusively centered around POC trauma
- Sweeping historical fiction / magical realism, especially stories about non-white history
- Speculative thrillers ala The Thousandth Floor & We Were Liars
Elizabeth Lee @EleeReadsI have some exciting news to share! Today is my last day at FSG because . . . I am so thrilled to be joining Penguin Workshop as Editor!!
I'll be acquiring MG, YA, and the select PB -- look out for my MSWL in a few days. :) pic.twitter.com/1kV3YH5leO
[kie.ran] @danblackroydFriend breakups (I mean good, longterm, very close and intimate friendships) are, in my experience, much more emotionally devastating than romantic breakups. And yet, unlike romantic relationships, we have almost no socialization (even in media images) on how to navigate them.
Agreed, agreed, agreed. If you have an MG or YA friend breakup story, I want it #mswl
- Literary, character-driven stories featuring diverse ensembles and strong points of view
- Joyful romcoms about marginalized protagonists
- Light fantasy / speculative fiction
- A fresh, self-aware diverse romance ala #JaneTheVirgin for teens
-A LGBTQIA+ story that doesn’t feature a coming out story
-A freshman year of college story!!
-A gritty, heart-pounding thriller rooted in character with a slow-burning romance