😈 Ruthless schemers with a secret squishy marshmallow heart of gold (Roy Mustang vibes, basically)
🌃 YA contemporary fantasy with vintage Holly Black/Curse Workers vibes
👀 Narrators that knock big ol' holes in the fourth wall #MSWL
Some specific things I would love to see in my inbox:
🗡️ YA fantasy with sharp teeth that takes no prisoners and makes no apologies
💃 Dramatic historical romance/fantasy romance with Phantom of the Opera/Moulin Rouge/Great Comet ambience #MSWL
... a broad range of MG & YA fiction and graphic novels--fantasy (my first & greatest love as a reader), historical, romance, some great humor, and high-concept contemporary (especially with a framing device such as epistolary elements, then-and-now timelines, etc.) #MSWL
Morgan Al-Moor @MorganAlMoorDid we ever get rom-coms with speculative elements? Witches fake dating or student rivals to lovers in a lunar academy?
Always a YA #mswl!
8) Yes, I do graphic novels! In addition to cozy fantasy, looking for MG fantasy/adventure more broadly and for moody, literary-feeling YA coming-of-age stories (the queerer the better).
3) High-concept YA contemporary or contemporary-with-a-twist, especially if it comes with an irreverent, self-referentially funny voice. Sarcastic or endearingly self-deprecating humor to the front of the line. I love a protagonist who feels like a co-conspirator.
Thao Le @ThaoLe8Okay guys, I've been obsessed with #KnivesOut and I'd love to get a YA in a similar vein. I'm thinking more of the fun vibe than super suspenseful mystery. And because I am a trash shipper I'd love maybe some Marta/Ransom vibes with the characters. #MSWL
p l e a s e! Fun, saucy, self-referential mystery with pointed social commentary🙏🏼 #mswl
gayesanders @gayesanders@stephlystein Is there anything you’ve really yearned for lately in your inbox? #okscbwichat
I turned 30 (!!!) last weekend, an occasion I'm seizing to share my #MSWL this year:
- sweeping YA romance
- ✨queer magic✨
- savvy, commercial MG fantasy
- joyful queer & POC stories
- & POC authors with something to say
- emotional contemporary MG
- cozy af graphic novels
Julie C. Dao @jules_writesDoes anyone else (who is my age obvi) remember A Knight’s Tale? Because I am really craving a YA that feels like that 🤔 pic.twitter.com/qLGOLMSGfN
This movie was FORMATIVE for me and I INSIST everyone send me their YA manuscripts with this vibe so I can love them equally to bits #MSWL
sage 🚀 @sageshelvesListen, I just need more queer princes in YA.
Where is my soft prince falling for his bodyguard? Where is my tough take no shit political prince that falls in love with the wrong diplomat just before his parent(s) declares war?
More queer princes in YA 2Kforever
Speaking of #MSWL, I too need more of this in my life