Trisha De Guzman
I have a soft spot for grounded stories with touches of speculative fiction, cheeky, self-aware humor, and elevated horror.
I am *not* the right editor for mss that contain sexual violence, stalking, or predatory behavior, or picture books with animal characters.
--Queer coming of age with strong friendships and maybe first love
--High-spirited adventures, realistic OR fantasy
--Realistic fiction about a character dealing with mental health difficulties and finding a light at the end of the tunnel
--QTPOC romance with banter, emotionally complex, flawed characters, and ✨ intersectionality ✨
--High-concept speculative fiction examining current issues (esp horror & magical realism)
--Sweeping historical fiction about untold movements, events, or individuals
Hi, agent friends :) It's about that time: New Year, New #MSWL 📚✒️
I edit picture books, middle grade novels, and YA novels/nf, as well as select graphic novels across genres.
I prioritize intersectional stories that center BIPOC characters & their unique, varied experiences.
Eric Weiskott @ericweiskottthere are Green Knight reviews and then there’s this pic.twitter.com/ytCqFev2yv
Anyone else a fan of BATTLE ROYALE? 🔪🩸🔥 Takako Chigusa was inspiration for the iconic Gogo Yubari in KILL BILL and she lives in my head rent free...
basically, agents pls send me a bloodthirsty YA about a girl who gets revenge after being wronged #YA #MSWL
Sarah Andersen @SarahCAndersenpic.twitter.com/Dxn6ZWo6b9
#MSWL #PB hi friends! i'm dying for more picture books! i would love...
--projects about incredible historical figures we overlooked bc ~colonialism~
--funny offbeat projects with unique art in the vein of DRAGONS LOVE TACOS, PETRA, THE BAD SEED, etc.
Two weeks since I finished #NeflixKingdom, and I STILL can't stop thinking about it. I'm so in the mood for a YA fantasy with sociopolitical commentary, a lush non-Western historical setting, well-rounded characters, and ZOMBIES. Lots and lots of zombies.
✨✨Hi, hello! I’m pleased to share my new and improved website, which features my current books, deals I’ve made, & current wishlist. Agents, please reach out if you think we share similar tastes! I’d love to work with you! 📚🖋 trishadeguzman.com
- gentle contemporary romances about queer young people falling in love for the first time
- historical fiction highlighting overlooked events or individuals from marginalized groups
- contemporary novels about POC immigrants/second generation Americans
Trisha de Guzman @trishadegLike many of us in these strange times, I’ve been taking comfort in books. And it’s made me think of the kinds of stories I want to champion.
Most of this won’t be a surprise, but for what it’s worth, here’s my current #MSWL:
- high-concept, darkly comic modern fables with literary writing and crossover appeal like THE PISCES or GEEK LOVE
- eerie and atmospheric fantasies inspired by non-Western mythology
- sweet contemporary rom-coms about QPOC main characters
- contemporary stories that take a tongue-in-cheek approach to deconstructing toxic gender norms
- ripped-from-the headlines contemporary novels with literary writing and whipsmart sociopolitical commentary
another #mswl: a home invasion story with a twist. but the "victim" is an action girl who ends up hunting THEM down because she is way better at surviving than they are #ya #contemporary this is basically the plot of the movie YOU'RE NEXT