Donald Maass Literary Agency
Literary Agent @MaassLitAgency . Author. SCREAMS FROM THE VOID out now. Opinions & sarcasm my own.
I'm mixing up my #MSWL based on what my existing clients are working on.
Here's what I'm currently looking for:
-Adult Contemporary Mystery
-Women's Historical Fiction
-Romantic Action Adventure
My query form is here: QueryManager.com/AnneTibbets
#MSWL if any #APIpit writers have an adult horror w/ non-western settings and non-western ghosties/monsters/villains included, I'd loooooooove to read it.
Go here> QueryManager.com/AnneTibbets
I read a friend's script today that made me LOL so hard I actually had to stop reading for a second to recover and this made me realize I need more comedy in my life.
Send me your funny manuscripts.
Specifically I'm look for funny thrillers, mysteries, & romance. Adult & YA
In Adult Romance #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Voice, voice, and also - voice
- Fun settings and interesting heroine jobs
- Dual POV is fine but separate them by chapters, pls
- Twisty plots but also follows standard story structure for category
- Did I mention voice? Because VOICE.
In Adult Horror #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Historical and/or sub-genre horror
- Literary-esque voice
- Not a slasher movie plot
- MAIN CHARACTER DRIVEN, not monster/killer driven
- I love moody, atmospheric, and creepy af
- Creative/unique monsters (if applicable)
- Gothic a plus
In Adult Thrillers & Mystery #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Female driven & #ownvoices
- Literary-esque OR super voicey commerical prose
- Fresh ideas and new takes welcome but it must fit the typical plot structure for these categories - if you don't know what those are, look it up.
Anne Tibbets @AnneTibbetsIt's been a while since I've done a #MSWL and I try not to b/c honestly, sometimes I don't know what I want until I see it - but I know some of y'all find these useful so here goes...
In Adult SFF #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Fresh twists & unique concepts
- I love all kinds: dystopia, post apoc, space opera, high fantasy, low, magical realism, urban, etc - but it HAS to be different than what's already out there.
- Mash ups and new takes most welcome
I'm still accepting pitches for Adult SFF and Thrillers, although they're not at the top of my #MSWL
Adult and YA Historicals. Superb writing and vivid settings, whisk me away to the past (especially if it's NOT WW2)! #MSWL
Adult Romance please! Fun, heavy, light, dark, whatever. Slow burn to hot and spicy - it's all good. No erotica please. #MSWL
Adult and YA Horror that goes beyond your typical slasher. Gimme voice, unreliable narrators, and imaginative twists. #MSWL
Anne Tibbets @AnneTibbetsSince I'm West Coast Imma get a head start on #MSWLDay tomorrow. Here's my #MSWL : Ready?
Adult Mystery. Would love a cozy, or something light and cute. Nothing too bloody. #MSWL
Query Specs: Anne@d4eo.com Adult and YA: Thrillers, Mysteries, SF, F, Horror, & Historical
Include: Word count, bio, 2 - 3 paragraph pitch, 1st 10 pages of manuscript within body of email #MSWL
A Quick Update for my Adult #MSWL:
Also full up here on Ad F so my requests will be less.
Still looking for that action driven Ad SF.
Full up on Ad Thrillers and Horror atm, so less requests here too.
PLEASE SEND ME YOUR HISTORICALS be them retellings, new, or ROMANCE.
Query Specs: Anne@d4eo.com
Adult and YA: Thrillers, SF, F, Horror, & Historical
Include: Word count, bio, 2 - 3 paragraph pitch, 1st 10 pages of manuscript