Donald Maass Literary Agency
Literary Agent @MaassLitAgency . Author. SCREAMS FROM THE VOID out now. Opinions & sarcasm my own.
You got an ancient Egyptian fantasy? I want it.
You got an ancient Roman fantasy? I want it.
Greek? Want it.
Germanic? Want it.
Neanderthal? REALLY want it.
Early Sapiens? Want it.
Gaul era? The freaking Ice Age? Give me the preciousssssss
In YA - all categories and genres #MSWL I am partial to:
- Unique take on dystopian & all YA SFF
- Thriller/Mys: dark and broody
- Historical from any time other than WW2
- Contemp? Something funny! Bring me your YA snark and sarcasm.
Anne Tibbets @AnneTibbetsIt's been a while since I've done a #MSWL and I try not to b/c honestly, sometimes I don't know what I want until I see it - but I know some of y'all find these useful so here goes...
In Adult SFF #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Fresh twists & unique concepts
- I love all kinds: dystopia, post apoc, space opera, high fantasy, low, magical realism, urban, etc - but it HAS to be different than what's already out there.
- Mash ups and new takes most welcome
I'm still accepting pitches for Adult SFF and Thrillers, although they're not at the top of my #MSWL
Query Specs: Anne@d4eo.com Adult and YA: Thrillers, Mysteries, SF, F, Horror, & Historical
Include: Word count, bio, 2 - 3 paragraph pitch, 1st 10 pages of manuscript within body of email #MSWL