In Adult Horror #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Historical and/or sub-genre horror
- Literary-esque voice
- Not a slasher movie plot
- MAIN CHARACTER DRIVEN, not monster/killer driven
- I love moody, atmospheric, and creepy af
- Creative/unique monsters (if applicable)
- Gothic a plus
In Adult Thrillers & Mystery #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Female driven & #ownvoices
- Literary-esque OR super voicey commerical prose
- Fresh ideas and new takes welcome but it must fit the typical plot structure for these categories - if you don't know what those are, look it up.
A Quick Update for my YA #MSWL:
I'm full on YA F, my requests for that are much less.
I'd still love a clever YA SF. I love high concept and fresh takes w/ a literary edge and great voice.
For YA Thr & Horror, again w/ fresh takes & great voices
+YA Historicals w/ literary edge