Aunt Polly was a hot-headed tornado caged by patriarchy, enraged behind every blink of her eye & was smarter than all the murderous Peaky Blinders lumped together. If you've written a Historical Thriller abt a female crime boss that rivals her energy, I want to read it.
I read a friend's script today that made me LOL so hard I actually had to stop reading for a second to recover and this made me realize I need more comedy in my life.
Send me your funny manuscripts.
Specifically I'm look for funny thrillers, mysteries, & romance. Adult & YA
In YA - all categories and genres #MSWL I am partial to:
- Unique take on dystopian & all YA SFF
- Thriller/Mys: dark and broody
- Historical from any time other than WW2
- Contemp? Something funny! Bring me your YA snark and sarcasm.
In Adult Thrillers & Mystery #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Female driven & #ownvoices
- Literary-esque OR super voicey commerical prose
- Fresh ideas and new takes welcome but it must fit the typical plot structure for these categories - if you don't know what those are, look it up.
Query Specs: Anne@d4eo.com Adult and YA: Thrillers, Mysteries, SF, F, Horror, & Historical
Include: Word count, bio, 2 - 3 paragraph pitch, 1st 10 pages of manuscript within body of email #MSWL
A Quick Update for my YA #MSWL:
I'm full on YA F, my requests for that are much less.
I'd still love a clever YA SF. I love high concept and fresh takes w/ a literary edge and great voice.
For YA Thr & Horror, again w/ fresh takes & great voices
+YA Historicals w/ literary edge