Kwame Mbalia @KSekouMThe Mummy but it's Rami Malek racing to recover his ancestor's artifacts before tomb raiders release another curse pic.twitter.com/wOZmj2L147
I would watch the hell outta that movie. Also, #MSWL
aquila 🎂 20 days @belllmontsno more dracula adaptations where dracula falls in love with mina or lucy we need more adaptations where dracula and van helsing were past lovers but now they're old petty exes
ML Brennan @BrennanMLI think what I'd really like right now is a cozy British village murder mystery show where Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are elderly widower neighbors who bicker a lot about their gardens, and also solve crimes. And there's a super hot grandson who has to drive them around.
You got an ancient Egyptian fantasy? I want it.
You got an ancient Roman fantasy? I want it.
Greek? Want it.
Germanic? Want it.
Neanderthal? REALLY want it.
Early Sapiens? Want it.
Gaul era? The freaking Ice Age? Give me the preciousssssss
I read a friend's script today that made me LOL so hard I actually had to stop reading for a second to recover and this made me realize I need more comedy in my life.
Send me your funny manuscripts.
Specifically I'm look for funny thrillers, mysteries, & romance. Adult & YA
In YA - all categories and genres #MSWL I am partial to:
- Unique take on dystopian & all YA SFF
- Thriller/Mys: dark and broody
- Historical from any time other than WW2
- Contemp? Something funny! Bring me your YA snark and sarcasm.
In Adult Romance #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Voice, voice, and also - voice
- Fun settings and interesting heroine jobs
- Dual POV is fine but separate them by chapters, pls
- Twisty plots but also follows standard story structure for category
- Did I mention voice? Because VOICE.
In Adult Horror #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Historical and/or sub-genre horror
- Literary-esque voice
- Not a slasher movie plot
- MAIN CHARACTER DRIVEN, not monster/killer driven
- I love moody, atmospheric, and creepy af
- Creative/unique monsters (if applicable)
- Gothic a plus
In Adult Thrillers & Mystery #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Female driven & #ownvoices
- Literary-esque OR super voicey commerical prose
- Fresh ideas and new takes welcome but it must fit the typical plot structure for these categories - if you don't know what those are, look it up.
Anne Tibbets @AnneTibbetsIt's been a while since I've done a #MSWL and I try not to b/c honestly, sometimes I don't know what I want until I see it - but I know some of y'all find these useful so here goes...
In Adult SFF #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Fresh twists & unique concepts
- I love all kinds: dystopia, post apoc, space opera, high fantasy, low, magical realism, urban, etc - but it HAS to be different than what's already out there.
- Mash ups and new takes most welcome