Anne Tibbets 🚀👻☠️🏰🏹🔪
Literary Agent @ D4EO & Author. Books: SCREAMS FROM THE VOID ('21), EXTINCTION BIOME as Addison Gunn. THE LINE Series as me. Biting sarcasm free of charge.
ML Brennan @BrennanMLI think what I'd really like right now is a cozy British village murder mystery show where Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are elderly widower neighbors who bicker a lot about their gardens, and also solve crimes. And there's a super hot grandson who has to drive them around.
You got an ancient Egyptian fantasy? I want it.
You got an ancient Roman fantasy? I want it.
Greek? Want it.
Germanic? Want it.
Neanderthal? REALLY want it.
Early Sapiens? Want it.
Gaul era? The freaking Ice Age? Give me the preciousssssss
I read a friend's script today that made me LOL so hard I actually had to stop reading for a second to recover and this made me realize I need more comedy in my life.
Send me your funny manuscripts.
Specifically I'm look for funny thrillers, mysteries, & romance. Adult & YA
In YA - all categories and genres #MSWL I am partial to:
- Unique take on dystopian & all YA SFF
- Thriller/Mys: dark and broody
- Historical from any time other than WW2
- Contemp? Something funny! Bring me your YA snark and sarcasm.
In Adult Romance #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Voice, voice, and also - voice
- Fun settings and interesting heroine jobs
- Dual POV is fine but separate them by chapters, pls
- Twisty plots but also follows standard story structure for category
- Did I mention voice? Because VOICE.
In Adult Horror #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Historical and/or sub-genre horror
- Literary-esque voice
- Not a slasher movie plot
- MAIN CHARACTER DRIVEN, not monster/killer driven
- I love moody, atmospheric, and creepy af
- Creative/unique monsters (if applicable)
- Gothic a plus
In Adult Thrillers & Mystery #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Female driven & #ownvoices
- Literary-esque OR super voicey commerical prose
- Fresh ideas and new takes welcome but it must fit the typical plot structure for these categories - if you don't know what those are, look it up.
Anne Tibbets @AnneTibbetsIt's been a while since I've done a #MSWL and I try not to b/c honestly, sometimes I don't know what I want until I see it - but I know some of y'all find these useful so here goes...
In Adult SFF #MSWL I'm partial to:
- Fresh twists & unique concepts
- I love all kinds: dystopia, post apoc, space opera, high fantasy, low, magical realism, urban, etc - but it HAS to be different than what's already out there.
- Mash ups and new takes most welcome