Natascha Morris @SoCalledYALife#MSWL for a Anne and Gilbert level chemistry romance in YA with all kinds of friends and shenanigans:
And finally my evergreen #MSWL right now: mermaids. Evil mermaids. Magical realism mermaids. 13th Year Mermaids.
And Ren Faire contemporary.
And Spice Girls friendship break-up MG or YA.
Naomi Davis loves to sing 🎵🎶🎵🎶 @NaomisLitPixI really want a YA contemporary with a powerful female friendship. Like one of those fast, somewhat combustible friendships that takes 100% of you in the high school years and maybe cannot last forever but leaves that soul-deep mark... #mswl
Yes please #mswl
Natascha Morris @SoCalledYALifeLet's do a #MSWL! Because I am itching for some new books!
1. Spice Girls Break Up Book. I didn't realize how much I needed this until I said. I want a group of friends who lives are impacted by the Spice Girls. #MSWL
I also want a beautifully written, yet character driven friendship book. I'm fascinated by the dynamics of friendships. Great examples of the writing I want here are Kit Frick, Courtney Summers, Sabaa Tahir. These authors swept me away. #MSWL #YA
In light of my query 0, I am going to do a #MSWL tomorrow. For now, here is a snapshot:
-Fluffy YA rom-com.
-Well-written psychological friendship book (YA)
- Literary-esque but cinematic fantasy YA and MG
- Historical Fiction like @RutaSepetys
- Quirky, Fun, Voicey MG
Chelsey Emmelhainz @CKEmmelhainzMy current #MSWL:
- toxic female friendships
- spooky suspense (maybe w/ supernatural/horror bent)
- suspense featuring cults and witches (a la, THE CRAFT)
- family dysfunction + messed up secrets
- female serial killers
This is my exact #MSWL. Chesley, you been poking around in my brain?