Literary agent at The Bent Agency repping kid's and YA fiction and nonfiction. Writer, traveler, baker, and dog lover.
Betsy Bird @FuseEightThey're beautiful, they're hilarious, they're downright strange. Early chapter books are the hardest to categorize. What is it about 6-9 year old readers? I pluck out some of the best of 2018: blogs.slj.com/afuse8producti… pic.twitter.com/BkDpvJKWnw
How about some middle grade #MSWL today?
- Classic feel + animal POV (ONE AND ONLY IVAN, PAX)
- Fantasy, both lighthearted and dark (Thickety series, UNICORN QUEST)
- Quirky + puzzles + complex plots (Mysterious Benedict Society, YORK)
- Historical (WAR THAT SAVED MY LIFE)
While we’re getting to know each other, how about some #mswl? Today I’ll talk about YA:
- Contemporary with earnest, engaging voices (WHEN DIMPLE MET RISHI, TO ALL THE BOYS, DUMPLIN’)
- Lush fantasy (CARAVAL, Grisha series)
- Sassy girl detective a la Veronica Mars
Jenny Bent @jennybenthey everyone we have a cool announcement #TBA @LaurelSymonds thebentagency.com/laurel-symonds pic.twitter.com/JiUlv5RzL4
I am so thrilled to join The Bent Agency as a literary agent!
Writers, send me all* your books!
*Specifically good ones that fit the linked criteria. Bonus points if they include mighty girls, dogs, sisters, baking, or magical happenings.