Natalie M. Lakosil @Natalie_Lakosil@syntactics Art and text or open to text only?
Again, I am ONLY open to graphic novel submissions. But I'd love to see comics that read like the following prose books:
• Yamile Saied Méndez's Furia
• Kacen Callender's Felix Ever After
• Kristin Cashore's Graceling Realm series
• Courtney Summers's Sadie
• Grace Ellis & Noelle Stevenson's Lumberjanes series
• Dav Pilkey's Dog Man series
• Ben Hatke's Zita the Spacegirl
• Cece Bell's El Deafo
• Jerry Craft's New Kid
• Jen Wang's Stargazing
• Mike Curato's Flamer
• Luke Pearson's Hilda series
• Horror and supernatural fiction that radically represents and explores queer, female, and BIPOC rage
• Books that slide adeptly between humor and poignancy—if a book can make me laugh on one page and cry on the next, it wins my whole heart!
• Zany middle grade humor with a big heart, in the vein of Dog Man—I’d particularly like to explore careers outside of policing that nonetheless lend themselves to multiple adventures over the course of a series
Rachel Stark @syntacticsSpecifically, I'm looking for . . . #MSWL 6/?
• Original, unforgettable characters with the potential to become universally beloved household names
• Expansive, unique & cinematic worlds—whether fantastical or a part of the real world that’s been underrepresented or that feels fresh through the creator’s eyes
I'm primarily focused on MG & YA comics, but I'd love to find some early reader/chapter book-level comics that feel in line with these interests, and I selectively acquire graphic novels for adults, as well, for Disney's new adult imprint, Hyperion Avenue. #MSWL 3/?
Rachel Stark @syntacticsAgents! It's been a loooong time since I've done an #MSWL on here, but what I'm acquiring has changed a lot since my last one, so I think it's about time to put a new one out there! Here we go . . . 1/?
First off, I'm @DisneyBooks's resident graphic novel expert! We're looking to grow that list fast, so for the time being I am ONLY open to graphic novel submissions.
(Sorry, prose & picture book writers—but I'll see you with my IP pitches!) #MSWL 2/?
Shannon Hale @haleshannonRealistic fiction or autobiographical. Both. All. I want a shelf full of middle grade graphic novels by creators of color. I'm greedy. twitter.com/kdwald/status/…
Relentless Stark ✊🏻 @syntacticsGood news: after a weekend away I have found my new calling in the lesbian hillbilly militia. zigg.ws/l?l=xKlJ