Elana Roth Parker
Elana Roth Parker @ElanaRothMaking a rare Twitter appearance to say:
- I reopened to queries today.
- I am now open to adult contemporary, commercial fiction (romcom, romance, mystery/thriller, etc) 😬
- I am scared.
As far as what I want in adult: Good hooks, gripping plots, strong characters. I either want light, funny & swoony for the romcom/romance, or layered, smart and edge-of-seat for the thrillers. Sticking with commercial, contemporary for adult for now. No SFF. #mswl #querytip
I only do MG and YA. My taste leans commercial and escapist and ultimately…fun. Big imaginations. Joy of adventure. Humor. Romance. Big feelings. I’ts okay if we’re not a match. There’s a bazillion agents these days. #MSWL
- Would love some more big romance with a hook. Smart and swoony. If there's an irreverent quality to it (ala VIOLET MADE OF THORNS), all the better.
- Speculative twists and hooks. Splashes of magic or sci-fi.
- Books that feel like going on a vacation somewhere exciting.
On the whole, I'm looking for page-turning, escapist, transporting MG and YA fiction. Light on trauma. Big on feelings—humor, romance, friendship, family connections. #MSWL