writer and editor | production editor @ErewhonBooks | ghostwriter @radish_fiction | freelance editor | she/her
Also, my amazing and talented colleagues at Flux and Jolly Fish Press will, of course, remain open to submissions, so please don’t stress if you’re not quite ready by March 1. Happy writing, all!
-characters from racially or culturally diverse backgrounds
-other diverse experiences such as neurodiversity, mental illness, physical disabilities, chronic illness, or non-nuclear/“found” families
-narratives told in unique formats
Kelsy Thompson @kelsythompsonSo, agents and authors, I am closing to submissions on March 1 to allow time to review everything before I go on leave. If you have plans to query me, please get your submission in and direct your query to me (@fluxbooks or @jollyfishpress) before the deadline.
As far as my #mswl goes, right now I’m looking for mostly character-driven YA with a killer voice featuring one or more of these things:
-intersectional feminist and environmentally conscious themes
-LGBTQIA+ characters (esp. trans, bisexual, and asexual youth)
I see you, @PublishersWkly!
I'm still open to submissions and actively acquiring! See my pinned tweet for my #MSWL and how to submit!
If any of these things fit the bill, check out the submission guidelines @fluxbooks and @jollyfishpress and mention my name in your submission! I’m so excited to find my new favorite book! (6/6)
- YA historical featuring a lesser known historical period or experience
- YA sci fi that blends genres to share human stories through a fresh lens
- Narratives told in unique formats, such as nonlinear, epistolary, etc. (5/6)
- Other diverse experiences, such as neurodiversity, mental illness, physical disabilities, chronic illness, or non-nuclear/“found” families
- Compulsively page-turning YA thriller with deep emotional engagement
- Immersive YA high fantasy that’s dark, twisty, and queer AF (4/6)
- Stories featuring LGBTQIA+ characters! (esp. trans, bisexual, and asexual youth—though not necessarily with a focus on coming out)
- Stories featuring characters from racially or culturally diverse backgrounds (3/6)
I’m on the hunt for well-crafted YA and MG! Here’s some things I like/am looking for:
- “Out of the box”/quirky narratives
- YA contemporary
- Stories with feminist themes (esp an intersectional framework. Bonus points for teen activism!) (2/6)
Thrilled to announce my return as an Acquisition Editor for @fluxbooks and @JollyFishPress! Working with authors to shepherd their books into the world has been one of the great loves of my life, and I'm over the moon to get to work in this capacity once more.
#MSWL 👇👇 (1/6)