Happy Friday #WritingCommunity ! It’s official, I am now ✨OPEN TO QUERIES✨!!
#MSWL and QM link in bio. Please feel free to check out my previous MSWL and transparency threads for more info on my process and what I’m looking for.
That's it! I hope that helped provide a bit more detail of what I'm excited about but only so much can fit in a tweet so if you think I'm a good fit, query away. My MSWL and QM page can be found at the link in my bio. I can't wait to see all of your projects in a few days!! (8/8)
I'm not open to PB, MG, or nonfiction at this time. Things that aren't a fit for me: any genre of religion, horror, poetry/prose, or historical fiction. No on-page cheating, abuse, rape, or self-harm/suicide (off-page references are fine). Please include CWs/TWs as needed. (7/8)
In any genre, believability is huge for me. Whatever happens to your characters or drives the story forward has to make sense with what's happening around them. Worldbuilding is also important, I need to know where I am and feel as though I'm right alongside the MC. (7/8)
5. Speculative/Fantasy/Sci-Fi: I don't really have specifics here, but I'd love anything that completely transports me to a new world and makes me crave the setting/characters once I finish. Books like Matched, Fourth Wing, Babel, Artemis. Bring on the book hangover. (6/8)
4. Eco-fiction: This one is so important to me as a climate advocate. I'd love to see YA stories about teens addressing climate change, fighting for environmental issues, or trying to save a species from extinction. Tug at my heartstrings and make me want to save the world. (5/8)
3. Disability rep: I live with an autoimmune disorder, and it sucks, but I still live. I want to see stories where MC's are not struggling but embracing life with their disabilities, whether they are obvious or invisible. Give me characters who are Deaf, have lupus, etc. (4/8)
2. Issue-driven: In either space, I love stories that drive off important concepts of mental health or other real-world issues (grief, divorce, friendships). I've lived these experiences and I wish I had books to read growing up that made me feel seen. We need them. (3/8)
1. Adult Contemporary/Romance: I love a gushy romance or a strong feel-good contemporary with a bittersweet ending. I'm a big fan of second-chance romance (bonus points if it's dual timeline). If it's comp'd to Emily Henry or Taylor Jenkins Reid, I want to see it. (2/8)
#MSWL 🧵 before I open to queries on Friday!
I will be open to most genres of YA and Adult including but not limited to contemporary, romance, thriller, speculative, dystopian, issue-driven, fantasy, eco-fiction, sci-fi. Here's some things I'll be keeping my eye out for. (1/8)
My goal is to keep y'all in the loop as much as possible. As a new agent, I'm pretty much going to be open to most genres in YA and Adult. Eventually, I see myself opening up to MG further down the road. That being said, I'll do a #MSWL thread early next week (2/11)
Thursday Transparency 🧵before I open to queries next week!
I'm so excited for this next step in my career as an agent and can't wait to read all of your stories. As an author who's been on the other side, I wanted to provide some details about my agenting process. (1/11)
Nancy Drew @cw_nancydrewLive like it's your last lifetime. Catch up on #NancyDrew before tomorrow's series finale: http://go.cwtv.com/StreamNANtw
I’m not ready for this show to be cancelled… but also, if you’ve got a story like this, I want to see it. #MSWL
mau @villainsaintsit’s been years and i still have so many questions..WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON?? I NEED ANSWERS!! https://twitter.com/villainsaints/status/1692651632075440555/photo/1
I think about this every single day so.. #MSWL if you have a story like this (preferably YA), query me when I open in September!
Booker Albert Lit @BookerAlbertLit✨Announcement✨
We are very excited to announce that Rebecca Lawrence and @andiesmithbooks have been promoted to junior agents! They will be open to queries September 1st. Please check out our website to submission details.
So thrilled and excited to have them with us!
Thrilled to announce my promotion to Junior Agent at @BookerAlbertLit
!! MSWL link in bio and thread coming soon. I’ll be open to queries on September 1!
I’m so excited for this next step and cannot wait to read your stories! #amagenting #WritingCommunity